Hello guys! today I have update my low budget Hackintosh to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and all works just fine.
That’s the good side if you using Vanilla method to make hackitosh, you always can upgrade it to latest OS.
But if you using additional kext in System Library Extension (SLE) you must delete them first before you restart your computer after downloading update files in App Store complete. If not, your hackintosh want boot.
So if your hackintosh want boot after update because you are to enthusiast and forgot to delete the eadditional kext like VooDoo HDA etc don’t panic!
Just try to boot your hackintosh in safe mode and then delete additional kext in System > Library Extension (SLE) then reboot to continue updating in normal mode.
So! whats new in macOS High Sierra 10.13.4?
In this latest update macOS High Sierra brings a few improvements and interesting new stuff. Below is the new stuff in latest update 10.13.4 (Source from: itunes.apple.com)
• Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the U.S.
• Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs)
• Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro
• Allows jumping to the right-most open tab using Command+9 in Safari
• Enables sorting Safari bookmarks by name or URL by right clicking and choosing ‘Sort By…’
• Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages
• Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari
• Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search Field when interacting with password or credit card forms on non-encrypted web pages
• Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information
Actually, I still dig what other “hidden” new stuff on this update. But if you have update your OS you will found a new cool desktop Wallpaper in System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Safer. you can see it on the feature image I use for this post.
Anyway! if you are now can’t update your hackintosh because you are using “distro” method. You may need to learn how to make a Vanilla hackintosh by yourself.
____________ ADVERTISEMENT ____________
Here is the a few tutorials that will help you to make vanilla hackintosh;
For other tutorials you can check in Hackintosh Categories in this blog.
Okay, thats it! in this short post I just wanna to inform to you fellow hackintosher that my ‘Low budget hackintosh’ still running fine till now.
And in the weekend usually my niece play her favorite games on my hackintosh when she visit to my place with her dad 🙂