It’s not a new thing that we can use android or iOS device as guitar amp simulator. In this post I want to talk about the interface to use for the “jobs.” This time I wanna review iRig HD-A from IK Multimedia that can turn any supported android device as guitar and bass amp simulator.
Unlike previous product iRig HD that only support for iOS device. iRig HD-A is the first and digital audio interface made to use for android device.
As you may have know that IK Multimedia is the pioneers in mobile music making. With iRig HD-A you can play your guitar/bass directly into your Android phone or tablets.
As I mention above I Rig HD-A can be use for jaming on PC too. This mean, you will get two advantages from it.
- First, you can jam with this anywhere you want
- Second, while you where home, you can plug in to your PC and use it as audio interface to record your guitar track.
Definetly It’s a good choice and an alternative way to saving budget for starting home studio recording and make it as an alternative audio interface. Especially if you where guitar and bass instrumentalist musician.
iRig HD-A compatible with any real processing apps that support USB/OTG audio input. As I read at IK Multimedia websites this device allows you to plug-and-play connectivity and the highest possible sound quality on Android.
The feature comes with a high definition 24-bit/48kHz A/D converter. It means, it it offers a direct high-impedance input for guitars or other instruments and a direct connection to the device via the included OTG cable (an additional USB cable is also available for use with PC).
Okay! this is iRig HD-A feature:
- High-quality instrument-level 1/4” Hi-Z input jack
- Detachable cables for OTG and USB connector compatibility
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp
- High-quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Powered by the mobile device or USB
- Connect electric guitar or bass
- Also works with line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards and mixers
- Ultra-compact and lightweight
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE for Samsung Pro Audio app (free download on Samsung Galaxy Store)
- Free AmpliTube Custom Shop software (download from IK site) and free download of AmpliTube Metal collection for PC users
- Compatible with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio technology, like the Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 require Android 5
- Compatible with Android devices via USB (OTG) connector running Android apps that use USB (OTG) audio input
- Compatible with any Android devices via USB (OTG) connector running Android 5
Please visit IK Multimedia official website for more info and to found a local dealers and distributor if you may plan to buy it.
If this is what you need, then I am pretty sure you will not gonna regret for buy this awesome interface. You can click my Affiliate Link to go directly to the product pages.
If you want to buy the product from Amazon here http://amzn.to/2sIk2Fp
Do you still unsure?
Below you you can watch a video review by IK Multimedia them self.
So with this short review I hope it can help you to found the right audio interface for your needs. I say “for your needs” not “what you want”, because sometimes we often regretting buying things we “want” and not what we really needs.
Thats it! I hope this post useful, don’t forget to leave your comment, you can share this post to your friends if you like. Thanks for read 🙂
This post is contain my affiliate link, please read my disclaimer page for more info.
Honestly I wish I have this cool audio interface while writing this post so I can write more specific review about this great product.
But yeah! I already buy other audio interface brand, that I am not really like after using to record a few of my demo track a year ago.
Anyway! if you still have time, below you can listen to my demo that I am talking about.
Image courtesy | IK Multimedia